An alpha version of Selenium is released as 4.0.0-alpha-1. As we were expecting a big changes in Selenium 4 it is not like that.
An alpha release is a release when the feature which you are developing is incomplete or partially complete. So when you are trying below features, may or may not work properly.
I am going to list out some new features of Selenium 4 for Java binding here:-
- Now you can launch a new tab and window and by default switch to it. “newWindow” method from “WebDriver” interface creates a new browser window and switches the focus for future commands of this driver to the new window.
- You can capture (Screenshot) a particular web element directly instead of capturing whole screen. Earlier it was possible by cropping it using dimensions.
- Selects class overrides equals() and hashcode() methods now.
- Location of safari driver now configurable using “webdriver.safari.driver” system property.
- Basic support for using Docker containers with the new Grid Server.
- Selenium Grid will be robust as new Grid Server, supports “standalone”, “hub”, “node”, and completely distributed usage.
- HtmlUnitDriver will not be default part of Selenium WebDriver now.
I will cover new features of Selenium 4 once a stable version is released.