Postman Tutorial Part 16 – Introduction To Collections In Postman
If you are a software developer or tester, you must be aware of different test suites. E,g, Smoke, Sanity , Regression etc. A test suite is a group of multiple tests based on some factors. Factors might be based on functionality, priority etc.
The similar concept is in Postman which is called as “Collections”. A Postman collection allows you to group individual pre-built requests together. You can even group by creating folders in a Collection.
Advantages of Collections in Postman:-
Collections advantages is not limited to just Grouping of requests. In fact it’s much more than this. Have a look at below points:-
- Categorisation of requests
- Building Test Suites
- Run individual request /folder/collections
- Result repository
- Running tests in different environments
- Passing data among requests
- Achieving data driven testing
- API documentation.
- Sharing APIs as Collections
- Easy import and export of APIs
- Managing APIs. Adding, removing or updating APIs
- Reporting using newman
- Jenkins integration using newman
More about API Testing in upcoming posts. Stay tuned.
If you have any doubt, feel free to comment below.
If you like my posts, please like, comment, share and subscribe.