As per Protractor Official Document:- Protractor is an end-to-end test framework for Angular and AngularJS applications. Protractor runs tests against your application running in a real browser, interacting with it as a user would.
It is very important to understand the term Angular and AngularJS applications.
So, in this post we will see a basic introduction of AngularJS and Angular Applications.
- AngularJS extends HTML with additional custom HTML attributes called directives. Some examples of such directives are ngBind, ngModel, ngClass etc.
- AngularJS was released in October 2010. Any web application designed using AngularJS framework is called AngularJS web application.
- AngularJS is the first version of Angular framework. From version 2, it is called Angular.
- AngularJS is a TypeScript based framework to develop front end of a web application. It is open source framework and developed by Google.
- It is a complete rewrite of AngularJS. It was released in Oct 2014. Any web application designed using Angular 2 or above framework is called Angular web application.
- It can be used to build web, mobile web, native mobile and native desktop applications.
This post is limited to basic introduction of Angular and AngularJS applications before we start learning Protractor testing tool. We are not focusing on technical Concepts of Angular or AngularJS framework.
More on Protractor in upcoming posts. Stay tuned and keep learning with me.