NodeJS official website defines it as:-
NodeJS comes with the package manager called NPM (Node Package Manager) which makes it easier for programmers to publish and share source code of Node.js libraries. We can also install, uninstall and update any NodeJS libraries in easy ways using commands.
Why does Protractor need NodeJS?
If you want to use Selenium with Java binding, you need to install Java first. Same way here since Protractor is a NodeJS program, you need to install NodeJS first.
Installation of NodeJS:-
It is as simple as any normal software installation.
- Navigate to NodeJS official website.
- It will automatically detect your system details and will show NodeJS installer to download.
3. Download LTS version ( Long Time Support). For windows it will download a .msi file.
4. Double click on it and install it by following through screens.
5. Once you are done, run below command in terminal.
node -v or node –version
Above output verifies that you have successfully installed NodeJS.
More on Protractor in upcoming posts. Stay tuned and keep learning with me.