As part of our API Testing series, we will see “Introduction of Postman Tool” in this post.
Postman is a complete API development environment/suite which supports every stage of the API lifecycle. Through design, testing and full production, Postman is there for faster, easier API development—without the chaos.
Postman’s API Development Environment (ADE) consists of below tools:
- Collections : It is an executable API description format which includes Run requests, test & debug, create automated tests, and mock, document & monitor an API.
- Workspaces : It is a powerful collaboration spaces for teams of any size which includes Share collections, set permissions, and manage participation in multiple workspaces.
- Built in tools : It has so many built in tools and can be integrated with other tools as well.
Some features of Postman is as below:
- Publish : – Onboard developers to your published API with Postman Collections and Documentation.
Monitor :- Create automated tests to monitor APIs for uptime, responsiveness, and correctness.
- Document :- Create beautiful web-viewable documentation.
- Design & Mock :- Design in Postman & use Postman’s mock service
- Debug :- Test APIs, examine responses, add tests and scripts.
- Automated Testing :-Run automated tests using the Postman collection runner
Postman tool is available for free as well as paid version. Free version of it gives you enough to achieve basic requirements of API testing. You can see about their pricing plans here.
As a tester’s point of view, Postman tool is very much used for manual and automated API testing. You can run a postman collection through jenkins as well which can be cronned. We will see more about Postman tool. Stay with me.
If you have any doubt, feel free to comment below.
If you like my posts, please like, comment, share and subscribe.
Author: Amod Mahajan
My name is Amod Mahajan and I am an IT employee with 4+ years of experience in Software testing and staying in Bengaluru. My area of interest is Automation testing. I started from basics and went throw so many selenium tutorials. Thanks to Mukesh Otwani as his tutorials are easy and cover basics to advance. I have habit of exploring concepts by deep diving. I used to make notes. I thought of sharing my knowledge through posts and now I am here. #KeepLearning #ShareLearning